Flexible double arbor circular saw for primary and secondary breakdown
with excess height cutters and hydraulically height-adjustable saw arbors.
The flexible double arbor circular saw unit DWK 700 is used as primary-, secondary
break down or combination machine in medium to large sawmills. In total 6 pairs
of saw heads can be positioned individually with very precise servo-hydraulic
For a uniform distribution of the actual sawing heights on top and bottom saw blades,
the saw arbors are automatically positioned in height. For use as a primary break
down machine, the DWK 700 is fitted with excess height cutters, which are adjusted
in height together with the saw arbors. This tool arrangement enables a very efficient
sawing operation of even large diameter logs.
Flexible double arbor circular saw DWK with excess height cutters
The DWK log and cant circular resaws are characterised by a wide range of
applications and enormous flexibility, substituting frame saws.
Advantages compared to a traditional frame saw operation:
- More center product yield, less side boards
- High sawing accuracy
- Super circular sawn lumber finish
- No vibrations
- Small foot print and less mechanization around required
- Relieves the operator at the edger optimizer
- Increases the throughput at the „bottleneck machine“ edger
- Increased overall availability of the sawmill by chipping all
slabs on the log or cant
- Optimum integration of the operator in the process flow