Align and infeed system
The completely new designed align and infeed system ZE2
with top-mounted skewing frame and top activated roller
pairs offers many advantages:
• The modular design allows the optimum adaption to the requirements of all
kinds of log and two-sided cant infeed systems in modern industrial sawmills.
• Easy deflection of bark, broken lumber pieces as well as dirt and ice.
• Easy access for routine checks and maintenance works.
• Easy change of transport chains and rollers.
• Less cleaning required, in particular of moving components.
Logs can be rotated very precisely in their required orientation, following a 3D
true shape scanning and optimization, at highest feed speeds and with minimum
log gap.The logs are positioned either to machine center line, parallel side shift or
diagonally to the machine center line (skew), depending on their shape and sweep.
The cant alignment is done based on 3D cant scanning and sawing pattern optimiz-
ation, again parallel to the machine center line or diagonally to the machine center
The ZE2 allows increasing the recovery by sawing of logs and cants with asymmetric
cutting patterns to get the most out of them.Only two servo-hydraulic setworks are
required to perform optimized log and two-sided cant orientation with skew and shift
in straight sawing mode.
Brochure ZE2 (pdf)